Lighthouse Cove is located in Oak Hill, FL, the southernmost city in Volusia County. The history of this area dates back to the 6th Century A.D. when the area provided home and shelter to the Indians that lived there and utilized the surrounding estuary waters of the Indian River and Mosquito Lagoon. It has been documented that the Timucan Indians inhabited the area from the shell mounds and remains that have been discovered, and their prehistoric activities can be viewed at the Canaveral National Seashore. Turtle Mound and Castle Windy are the two shell middens (with Turtle Mound being the largest in the nation) that have been preserved to provide visitors insight into the lives of these prehistoric inhabitants. This area was also home to some of the first citrus growers dating back to 1865. The Indian River citrus is still some of the best citrus produced in Florida.

HOME | ABOUT LHC | COMMUNITY | OUR HOMES | RECREATION | AREA | LOCATION | FREE INFO

Toll Free 888-963-2683

Website copyright ©2004 by Lighthouse Cove, Inc. All rights reserved.

Design and hosting by The Retirement Net